Rum Bally 1979.
From 1976 and until 1987, the production of Bally rums was transferred to Saint James. The original Creole column is then still used.
Stronghold of Bally rums, Habitation Lajus was bought in 1917 by Jacques Bally who decided to renovate it and build a distillery on the remains of the small sugar refinery. Installing a steam engine and a Creole column that he designed himself, he began to produce rum which he vintaged in 1924.