Saint James

Brands

Saint James

The Plantations Saint James brand was created by a wine merchant and importer in Marseille, Paulin Lambert, who registered the name in 1882, along with the emblematic shape of the square bottle with a flat bottom which still identifies the brand today, and bought four distilleries where he began to produce Saint James rum.

He is one of the first entrepreneurs to use advertising to market a bottled alcoholic product, using all available means of communication: catalogs, posters, postcards... making the Saint-James brand a leader in Martinique, in France but also on the international scene.

In 1902, the eruption of Mount Pelée destroyed a large part of the distillery as well as all the rum stocks. It is thanks to a succession of takeovers of the distillery by Picon (1967) then Cointreau (1971) that bottles survived, were found and then repatriated to the Saint James distillery, now located in Sainte-Marie. Since 2003, the brand has belonged to the La Martiniquaise group.

Country : Martinique
Name : Saint-James
Address : Le Bourg, Sainte-Marie
Website : www.rhum-saintjames.com
Foundation : 1765

Saint James