Reimonenq

Brands

Reimonenq

The Reimonenq saga began in 1915, when two brothers, Joseph and Ferdinand, bought an old cocoa and medicinal plant plantation in order to plant sugar cane and build a distillery there. They quickly joined forces with André Bon, then director of a sugar refinery on the island of Marie-Galante, who provided them with a steam engine and a mill to grind the cane.

In 1916, rum production started in the middle of the First World War. The distillery is made available and produces 200 to 360,000 liters of rum per year, a large part of which is sent to the front.

When Joseph died in 1950, Fernand took up the torch and taught the trade to his son Léopold, who joined the distillery in 1954. Five years later, Fernand also died, leaving Léopold alone at the helm, since joined by his daughters. .

In 1960, the distillery acquired its first cellar with a capacity of 100 barrels, as well as a bottling line. In 1970, the distillery was destroyed by fire, but began to produce rum again in 1974. Léopold continued to modernize the distillery and innovate in the production of rums, the secret of which he still keeps today.

Country : Guadeloupe
Name : Distillerie Reimonenq
Address : Sainte-Rose
Website : www.musee-du-rhum.fr
Foundation : 1916

Reimonenq